Whether you’re buying or building a Healthy Home, the AprilAire Healthy Air System® can keep you and your family breathing easy.
What to Do Before Buying or Building a Healthy Home
Moving to a new home can be as stressful as it is exciting. Whether you’re buying or building a Healthy Home, there are undoubtedly a number of expectations for your new space. And—while parking space and square footage are important—Indoor Air Quality should also be at the top of your wish list.
Healthy Home builders should pre-plan home construction using green building materials and techniques that are safe for future residents and won’t contaminate the air.
Healthy Homebuyers should ask the right questions of their real estate agents and home inspectors to determine any air quality threats:
- Find out about past, present, and future contamination concerns
- Check for harmful gases
- Rule out mold and moisture issues
- Locate and eliminate pathways where contaminants and other pollutants could enter the home
- Ensure the home’s ventilation and air purification systems are running efficiently
Healthy Home Upgrades
For almost any existing home, the right renovations can turn your space into a Healthy Home in no time with three key updates:
- Fresh Air Ventilation – Think of your AprilAire fresh air ventilation system as your home’s own set of lungs. It inhales fresh outdoor air, and exhales stagnant, polluted indoor air. This helps dilute and remove contaminants throughout your home.
- Air Filtration – An AprilAire whole-home air purification system, (paired with the right air filters), can capture 99%* of airborne viruses.
- Humidity Control – It’s important to keep your home’s humidity between 40% and 60% both for your own comfort and for the longevity of your home. Depending on which you’re looking to combat—dry or damp air—AprilAire whole-home humidification as well as whole-home dehumidification can help you maintain a Healthy Home.
*Contaminants removed based on air passing through the filtering system.
Healthy Air has a whole list of benefits that can impact you and your family on a daily basis and over time. Things like reduced stress levels, allergy relief, virus protection, and more.
Getting those benefits from keeping up a Healthy Home is an ongoing commitment, but it can be achieved through routine maintenance and a few simple lifestyle changes.
Healthy Air Strategies:
- Cleaning for Viruses
- Moisture Control
- Managing Allergies
- Removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Replacing Water Panels for Humidifiers
- Detecting Radon
Whether your home is brand new or generations old, you can ensure a Healthy Home for you and your family by taking the necessary steps.
If you have any questions about the process, contact an AprilAire Healthy Air Professional for personalized tips and recommendations.