- on our Websites ;
- on or through our Applications, which you may download from mobile application stores, like Apple’s App Store ® and Google’s Play® store. These Applications may provide a dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites or otherwise provide you with the ability to interact with our Devices or other products and services;
- from your use of a Device purchased from us;
- from third parties, such as our affiliated entities, service providers, and business partners (including our HVAC partners from whom you purchased a Device).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline (except for when you use our Devices) or through any other means, including on any other website operated by AprilAire or any third party ;
- any third party, including, but not limited to through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites or Applications; or
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, Applications, and Devices, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal and/or shipping address, email address, telephone number, and account name
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, MAC ID and similar online identifiers, log file information, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites or use of our Applications, error information, clickstream data, geolocation data, information associated with your Apple iTunes or Google Play accounts or any other account used to download or access our Applications, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites or Applications;
- about your Internet connection, the equipment (e.g., computer, mobile device) and operating system you use to access our Websites or Applications, and usage details; and
- about your Device, such as its unique ID, serial number, name and type, location, operational data, schedules, and thermal/sensor data (e.g., indoor air quality metrics, such as humidity, PM, VOC, CO2, etc.) (“Device Data”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites or Applications (such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies), and/or use our Devices; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers we use to support our business.
The information we may collect from you includes:
- information that you provide on or through our Websites, in our Applications, or on forms or other applications you complete, whether in writing, in person, electronically, or by other means. This can include information provided at the time of registering
to use our Websites or Applications (e.g., creating an account), posting content on or in our Websites or Applications, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites or Applications;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Device Data.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites or use our Applications, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect the details of your visits to our Websites and Applications, as described above.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and Applications and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to: - estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites and Applications according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites or Applications.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps,” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Google Ads. Google Ads is an online advertising solution that we use to promote our products and services on Google Search, YouTube, and other sites across the web. Google Ads also allows advertisers to choose specific goals for their ads, like driving phone calls or website visits. With a Google Ads account, advertisers can customize their budgets and targeting, and start or stop their ads at any time. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Mixpanel. We use Mixpanel to help analyze how our customers use the site. Mixpanel uses “cookies” to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Mixpanel. This information is then used to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. We will use this information in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the website. Mixpanel will not share any personally identifiable information or associate your information with any other data held by Mixpanel through their other clients. For more information, please visit: https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
Information We Collect From Third Party Sources
We also may receive Personal Data from our business partners, such as Airthings. For example, when you purchase a Device from us, we may be able to access the information collected by your Device to address any air quality issues detected by the Device, including offering products and services to you to help remedy any identified issues and improve your indoor air quality.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Websites and Applications, and their contents to you;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Websites or Applications, or any services we offer or provide through them;
- to support, personalize, or develop our Websites and Applications and any products, such as Devices, or services offered through them;
- to maintain, customize, and secure your account with us (including notices about subscriptions, expiration, and renewals, if applicable);
- to process your requests, purchases, and transactions for our Devices, other products, and services offered by you and/or to prevent transactional fraud;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and requests (including to investigate and address concerns and monitor/improve our responses to the same);
- to provide you with information that you request from us or that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, event information, offers and promotions in connection with our products and services;
- to administer sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and other contests;
- to send you newsletters and other similar communications;
- to verify your location and send location-based content to you (if you opted-in to sharing this information through any of our Applications);
- and to measure and report on the delivery of advertisements, including counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- to notify you of changes to our Websites or Applications or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, Applications, and Devices;
- to help maintain the safety, security, quality, and integrity of our Websites, Applications, Devices, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- to perform services on behalf of a third party;
- to undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or Device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AprilAire, our customers, or others;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations as well as any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
- to our business partners;
- to our affiliated entities (i.e., parent, subsidiary, and affiliate organizations of AprilAire);
- internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics services; and/or
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by AprilAire about our users and customers are among the assets transferred.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information.1 When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow our Applications to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. For example, the “location” permissions on your mobile device may allow you to elect to never share location information with us, share location information only while you are using our Applications, or always share location information even if you are not using our Applications. If you elect not to share your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our services that are designed for mobile devices. You can also disable location-based alerts in the Settings section of our Applications.
- Promotional Offers from AprilAire. We will only use your contact information to promote our own products and services with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by contacting us through the Contact Information2 below.
If you have created an account with us on our Websites or Applications, you can review and change the Personal Data that we maintain about you by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also notify us through the Contact Information 3 below.
If you have not created an account with us, you may notify us through the Contact Information4 below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible.
We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. Because there is no standard for these signals at this time, we currently do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for an account registered on our Websites or Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites or Applications or in your equipment or operating system.
Our Websites and Applications may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or services. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we suggest you review.
Our Websites and Applications are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Applications, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us through the Contact Information5 below.
AprilAire, a division of Research Products Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Tel.: (800) 334-6011
Last Updated On: September 26th, 2022
Unless otherwise noted, this California Privacy Addendum will not apply to the following types of information until January 1, 2023: (i) employment-related personal information collected from our California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals and (ii) Personal Information collected as part of a business-to-business communication (verbal or written) or transaction between AprilAire and a consumer who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or independent contractor on behalf of another company, and the communication or transaction solely relates to providing or receiving products or services to or from such company.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). The type of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your relationship with us. For this reason, we may collect, and over the prior 12 months have collected, the following categories of Personal Information from consumers:
1. Identifiers, such as name, contact information (e.g., postal and/or shipping address, telephone number, email address), online identifier, MAC ID, IP address, and account name.
2. Personal information as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as name and contact information.
3. Commercial Information, such as information regarding your transaction(s) with us.
4. Thermal and sensory data, including measurements of certain indoor containment levels obtained from Devices.
5. Geolocation Data, such as your real-time location (if you have opted-in to sharing your location through our Applications).
6. Internet or other electronic network activity (“Internet or Network Activity”) information, such as information regarding a consumer's interaction with our Websites or Applications.
7. Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to better understand your preferences and behavior.
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or other information as set forth under the CCPA.
AprilAire will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for additional purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed all categories of Personal Information listed above (excluding Internet or Network Activity information) for a business purpose to our affiliated entities and business partners who we use to support our business, and we have disclosed Internet or Network Activity information (as defined above) for a business purpose with internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics and behavioral advertising services.
Sales of Personal Information
We do not sell consumers’ Personal Information and have not sold consumers’ Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that AprilAire disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights8), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists identifying: the categories of Personal Information disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed, and (ii) the categories of Personal Information sold, and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
If you make a request for the specific pieces of Personal Information electronically, we will, to the extent permitted by law, provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in a format we select that is readily useable and allows you to transmit the Personal Information to another person or entity.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that AprilAire delete any of your Personal Information that we have collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights9), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Calling us at (800) 334-6011
- Logging into your account on the Websites or Applications (for access requests only).
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We are not obligated to provide information to you in response to your verifiable consumer request for access or portability more than twice in a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an Authorized Agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We are unable to fulfill your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. With few exceptions, we will only review and fulfill a request from your Authorized Agent if (i) you grant the Authorized Agent written permission to make a request on your behalf, (ii) you or the Authorized Agent provides us notice of that written permission, and (iii) we are able to verify your identity in connection with that notice and the request. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Verifying Your Identity
Before completing your request to exercise the below, we will verify that the request came from you by comparing the identifying information provided by you in your request with any Personal Information we maintain about you at that time. For all requests, we will need the consumer’s full name.
To protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information, we may request additional information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. You may also be asked to complete and provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer who is the subject of the request in certain circumstances. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA:
- You will not be denied goods or services.
- You will not be charged different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- You will not be provided a different level or quality of goods or services.
- You will not receive suggestions that you could obtain a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We reserve the right to amend this California Privacy Addendum from time to time. When we make changes to this California Privacy Addendum, we will post the revised California Privacy Addendum on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Phone: (800) 334-6011
Postal Address: AprilAire, a division of Research Products Corporation, 1015 East Washington Avenue Madison, WI 53703