Best Whole-Home Air Purifier for Indoor At-Home Gyms3 minute read
We all know the importance of exercise when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. Our bodies need physical activity. Not just in the summer when the sun is shining, but all year round, even in the cold of winter. You’ll need to have the right workout, but also the right at-home gym equipment.
When the temperatures drop to freezing, it’s time to bring your workout indoors.
But before you go and sign up for a membership to the nearest gym, keep this in mind: a study published in the journal Building and Environment reported that excessive levels of pollutants (carbon dioxide, particulate matter, and gases like formaldehyde), airborne chemicals, and harmful surface bacteria can be found at many fitness centers.
This study isn’t implying that you should skip your workout, just that you should take some precautions to ensure the best air quality possible to get the most out of your physical activity.
Here are some things you can try:
● Ask your gym about their ventilation and how much of their air is recycled
● Avoid cardio at the gym because heavy breathing will result in inhaling other people’s exhaled air
● Talk to your gym about using natural cleaning products to avoid the endocrine disruptors found in toxic cleaners
● Hold your gym to high standards and come to terms with the fact that fitness centers aren’t always the best option when it comes to getting in your workout
At-Home Gym Equipment for Healthy Air
But you don’t have to let the cold or air quality at the local gym keep you from getting in your daily exercise. An at-home gym is a great option, not only for the comfort and convenience factor, but also because you can control the Indoor Air Quality yourself.
A dehumidifier is a must for any room designated for working out. With the humidity added from your breathing and sweating, the risk for mold growth increases and the room can get hotter and hotter. A single-room or whole-home dehumidifier can relieve some of the workload from your air conditioner.
An air purifier is also necessary because during a workout, you’ll breathe in more of whatever contaminants or impurities are in the air around you. Not only can it clean the air in your home gym but it can tackle odors, too.
At-Home Workout Ideas for the Whole Family
Being active indoors can sometimes feel like a chore, especially for kids. (The same kids who could run around for hours outside without getting tired.) The key to making sure they burn off that same amount of energy when they’re stuck inside is finding fun indoor exercises.
● Jumping Rope: Jumping rope for ten minutes straight is equivalent to thirty minutes of running.
● Planking: Start off by holding a plank for as long as you can, and try to add a few more seconds each day until you reach your goal.
● Cleaning: Two birds, one stone. Make “power cleaning” a family activity and you’ll end up with some calories burned and a cleaner house.
● Lunges: Lunge from one room to the next or up and down a hallway in your house for a great lower body burn. Adding weights or water bottles can add some difficulty once you’ve become a seasoned lunger.
● Check YouTube: You can find a workout for any ability level, any duration, any target area you can dream of online. Once you find one you like, add it to a playlist so you can revisit it the next time you’re stuck inside.
At-home gym equipment to start with:
● Adjustable dumbbells
● Yoga mat
● Resistance bands
● Weighted jump rope
● Soft medicine ball
● Adjustable kettlebell
● Foam roller