Fruits and vegetables are great sources of vitamins and minerals that help our bodies function properly. But making sure you get the recommended amount of those fruits and vegetables each day, (usually 5 servings), can prove to be quite the challenge. Juicing is a great way to supplement your intake of whole fruits and vegetables, and makes for a tasty, refreshing treat. You can enjoy one fruit or vegetable serving with only 150 ml (about 5 oz.) of juice. Listed below are some easy juice recipes to help you get your recommended vitamins and minerals.
Tips for Beginners
- Simplicity – Limit yourself to recipes that call for 2-4 ingredients so they’ll be quick and easy when you’re first starting out. As you get the hang of juicing, you can more comfortably take on recipes with a long list of fruits and veggies as well as other additives without being overwhelmed.
- Balance – The best juicing recipes call for a combination of sweet tasting fruit and lots of greens or low-sugar vegetables. That makes it easy to pack in more nutrients while still enjoying the taste and tartness of the fruits.
- Chill – Juice is always better cold! Put your fresh juice in the freezer for five minutes before you drink it or add some ice cubes if you’re in a hurry. Just remember to drink it within half an hour of making it to ensure you consume it at its freshest.
Easy Juice Recipes
Below are some fruit, vegetable, and herb options that are great for juicing. You can pick your favorites, then mix and match to come up with some excellent combinations for summer.
Easy Juice Recipes To Get You Started
- Green Boost
- ½ Head Lettuce, 2 Apples, ½ Lime, 1 small handful Spinach, 1 small handful Kale
- Carrot Juice
- 10 Carrots, Handful of Spinach, 2 Cloves of Garlic, 1 Lemon, 1 Apple
- Refreshing Afternoon
- 4 Ribs of Celery, 2 Asian Pears, 4 Carrots, 1 inch of Ginger Root, 1 Lemon
- Beet Juice
- 1 Beet, 1 Apple, 1 Orange
- Vitamin C Shot
- 2 Oranges, 1 Grapefruit, 3 Carrots, 1 Lemon, 1-2 inches Peeled Ginger
- Color Splash
- 2 Beets, 2 Oranges, 4 Carrots, 1 Pomegranate