September means that fall is finally here. While we’re all celebrating the start of football and sweater weather, we also have the opportunity to celebrate National Good Neighbor Day on September 28th.
Jimmy Carter’s National Good Neighbor Day address:
“As our Nation struggles to build friendship among the peoples of this world, we are mindful that the noblest human concern is concern for others. Understanding, love, and respect build cohesive families and communities. The same bonds cement our Nation and the nations of the world. For most of us, this sense of community is nurtured and expressed in our neighborhoods where we give each other an opportunity to share and feel part of a larger family…I call upon the people of the United States and interested groups and organizations to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.”
This sentiment is not lost on Aprilaire, where being a Good Neighbor is a core value. On a business-wide basis, Aprilaire continually supports our community in as many ways as we can, whenever we can.
Aprilaire has given special attention to the Society of St. Vincent De Paul, whose mission statement reads:
“A membership organization, the Society began working in Madison in 1925 with two parish-based groups of members serving their neighbors in need. Today, programs the Society operates in Dane County include a large customer-choice food pantry, a charitable pharmacy, storage for the goods of persons who are homeless, seven thrift stores offering direct charity, housing at Port St. Vincent de Paul and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton House, and several other forms of assistance for people struggling with poverty.”
Aprilaire’s Good Neighbor initiatives at St. Vincent De Paul
- Encourage employees to lend a hand with reception duties, hosting, and stocking the pantry, at the food pantry.
- Raised $1000 with our annual Summer Brat Fest
- Raised $4000 for Blessings in a Backpack, a program that provides school supplies to underprivileged kids
Aprilaire’s other Good Neighbor initiatives
- Needle-free participation opportunities at our blood drives. They donate their time checking people in, running raffles, or handing out those coveted post-donation refreshments and cookies.
- Each year we fundraise to provide pack-n-plays to underprivileged mothers in the community.
- Meet needs in the community through various donation drives throughout the year.