How to Maintain Your AprilAire Humidifier to Keep It Running Smoothly1 minute read
Why You Need to Maintain Your AprilAire Humidifier
Before we reach the driest months of the year, take the time to do some maintenance on your AprilAire humidifier so it is in proper working order.
Tips to Maintain your AprilAire Humidifier
● Change your humidifier’s water panel. The water panel is essential to increasing the moisture level in your home and is meant to be replaced on a regular basis to allow your humidifier to function at its highest potential.
● Clean out the humidifier’s reservoir. Bacteria and mineral deposits can build up rather quickly inside this tank and make their way back into the air if not taken care of. You should clean it out about every three weeks during frequent use. Simply add mild soap and water to the bucket and gently scrub it down. Rinse it thoroughly and let it air dry before putting it back.
● Clean mineral buildup from the orifice, solenoid, and all other components.
● Be sure the humidifier is level for proper operation.
● Do a check for any leaks or standing water around your humidifier unit.
● Check humidistat for proper operation.
What should the humidity in my home be?
Mold and overheating can result from too much moisture. While too little moisture can cause dry eyes, chapped lips, and an environment where bacteria and viruses can thrive. For optimal comfort and health, you should keep the relative humidity of your home between 40-60%. Keeping your home’s humidity balanced requires maintaining your AprilAire humidifier.
Need help in maintaining your AprilAire Humidifier?
Contact your installing dealer or contact our knowledgeable customer service team.
Breathe the Fullness of Life.
Don't lose sleep over dry air this winter.Learn More about this specific item