Click play to listen to the article.
For people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, here are some of the current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Visit indoors without a mask with others who are fully vaccinated, regardless of age
- Visit indoors without a mask with people from one household who are not at risk for severe illness, regardless of vaccination status
- Travel domestically without getting tested for COVID-19 before or after your flight
- Travel domestically without quarantining after travel
- Visit indoors without a mask with people at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- Attend medium or large gatherings
Full details are available here.
Healthy Air Everywhere
Now that it’s safer to gather indoors for some people, it’s a good time to consider the air quality of our indoor spaces. Even when you’re vaccinated against viruses like the flu or COVID-19, your overall health can benefit greatly when you’re consistently breathing in fresh, Healthy Air.
The pandemic has made air health a focus for businesses, schools, airplanes, and other areas where large groups of people gather. These improvements in HVAC and filtration systems are a step in the right direction for these shared spaces.
But since you spend more time at home than anywhere else, it’s crucial to prioritize the quality of your own indoor air as well. Not only is Healthy Air important in preventing the transmission of viruses, it also plays a role in your quality of sleep, your mental health, and even your home’s resale value.
Optimize Your Home
The Aprilaire Healthy Air System™ provides a blueprint for creating a Healthy Home environment in three key areas: fresh air ventilation, air filtration, and humidity control.
Here’s why those factors are so important for your health:
A fresh air ventilation system removes stale, stagnant air from your home and replaces it with fresh air from the outdoors.
- Modern building practices prioritize energy efficiency, which means there’s less natural airflow in and out of the home
- Indoor air can be up to 5x more polluted than outdoor air
- Everyday activities like cooking and cleaning bring harmful substances into your home
Air filtration works with your home’s HVAC system to remove harmful particles like dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and mold spores from the air circulating in your home.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air health problems are an issue in 8 out of 10 homes
- Living in densely populated areas puts you at a higher risk of exposure to pollution from automobiles and industrial production
- Not all filters are created equal. Choose an Aprilaire MERV 16 filter for maximum performance in your home
Aprilaire whole-home humidifiers and dehumidifiers keep the humidity level of your home between 40% and 60% for optimal health and comfort.
- Uncontrolled humidity can reduce the effectiveness of other air quality systems, reducing energy efficiency and increasing the concentration of polluted air in your home
- Viruses, bacteria, mold, and other airborne pollutants thrive in excessively dry or damp conditions
- High humidity increases the risk of pest invasions
Contact one of our local Aprilaire Healthy Air Pros today to get started.