Allergies? Pet hair? Odors?
Each home has air issues that need to be filtered out. But it’s not always easy to find the right air filter for your home’s ventilation or purification systems, and for your specific needs.
At Aprilaire, we’ve tried to simplify that process. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about our most popular air filters and how they can help you create a healthier home.
Each Aprilaire Air Filter removes airborne particles including dust, pollen, mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, and dust mites thanks to the patented Aprilaire Self-Seal Technology, which minimizes the amount of air bypassing the filter.
It’s easy to swap out Aprilaire filters (we recommend once a year) thanks to the unique Interlock Rail System.
1. Unpack the filter
2. Slide it into the vent or purifier
3. Close the door to fully secure the filter
A Filter for Every Need
Find the filter that fits your air purifying needs. Make sure to match the size of the filter to your system requirements.
Clean Air Filter MERV 11
● Removes 98% of pollen and mold
● Vacuum and dust less often by preventing airborne particles from settling on furniture and flooring
● Ideal for fall months when mold and pollen are the biggest allergy triggers across the U.S.
Healthy Home Filter MERV 13
● Removes 97% of airborne bacteria
● Creates a healthier home by preventing airborne allergens from circulating through the air
● Ideal for homes that use pesticides:
○ Products used to kill household pests (insecticides, termiticides and disinfectants)
○ Products used on lawns and gardens that drift or are tracked inside the house
Allergy and Asthma Filter MERV 16
● Removes 99% of airborne allergy and asthma triggers
● Prevents allergy and asthma triggers from circulating through the air by trapping them in the filter
● Ideal for asthma and allergy sufferers:
○ Asthma affects >24 million people in the U.S.
○ >50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year
Odor Filter MERV 13
● Reduces odor with activated carbon
● Odors from pets, cooking, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are reduced by passing through the carbon filter
● Most commonly used to remove gases