Giveaway Rules, Terms and Conditions
The following is the giveaway rules, terms and conditions of , a division of Research Products Corporation
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CONTESTANT’S (“YOUR”) CHANCES OF WINNING.
YOUR SATISFACTION OF THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS IN SECTION 4 BELOW CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RULES”).
1. Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in this Social Media Giveaway (the “Campaign”), you must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States. Note, however, that employees of (a division of Research Products Corporation (“Research Products”), a Wisconsin corporation), Research Products, or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”) and Employees’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as an Employee are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and you represent and that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of as final and binding as they relate to the content of this Campaign.
3. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. CDT and ending on Sunday, October 8, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. CDT. This is the “Entry Period and the end of the Entry Period is the “End Date”.
4. How to Enter: You may only enter once.
through Instagram : You may enter the Campaign via Instagram by satisfying the following requirements:
- Follow @aprilaire_bcs on Instagram,
- Comment your best installation story on the Instagram post,
- Stop by the AprilAire booth at (booth 104) and mention the giveaway for an extra entry
b. Alternate Method of Entry (AMOE). To enter the Campaign without meeting the requirements of Section 4.a. above, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete name and telephone number and a brief description of the Prize (defined below) in the body of the email, and “AprilAire Social Media Giveaway AMOE” in the subject line of the email, no later than the End Date. Only one email per contestant is permitted.
Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications above (including entering on more than one social media channel or submitting more than one entry) may be disqualified at the sole discretion of AprilAire. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of AprilAire.
5. Prizes: There will be 2 winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”). The Winners will receive an AprilAire Hawaiian Shirt (size L or XL) and free ground shipping to an address in the United States (the “Prize”). The total retail value of each Prize is $90.
The Winners shall be solely responsible for expenses related to the Prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes. No substitution of the Prize, transfer, or assignment of the Prize to others, or request for the Prize cash equivalent is permitted. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for AprilAire to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification:Within five business days after the End Date, AprilAire will randomly select a potential Winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential Winner will be notified using the same method used to enter the Campaign (namely, through the social media channel that the potential Winner used to enter the Campaign for any potential Winner submitting an entry in accordance with Section 4.a. above, or via e-mail for any potential Winner submitting an entry in accordance with Section 4.b. above). If: (a) despite reasonable efforts, a potential Winner does not respond within 48 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements of Section 1 above; or (c) a Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential Winner, that potential Winner will forfeit the applicable Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected. Additionally, if any potential Winner has not complied with these Rules or declines the applicable Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner will be disqualified, and an alternate Winner may be selected. AprilAire may successively attempt to contact up to two alternate Winners for each potential Winner in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed Winner after such attempts have been made, the applicable Prize may go unawarded. Potential Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all of the eligibility requirements in Section 1 above. Once a Winner has been confirmed, AprilAire will provide the Prize to that Winner.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering the Campaign, you understand and agree that AprilAire, anyone acting on behalf of AprilAire, and AprilAire’s licensees, successors, and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. Should this occur, reserves the right to select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate, in sole discretion) the date on which terminates the Campaign. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates Rules. Any information collected by entrants in connection with the Campaign is being requested by, and shall be used by, , and not provided by to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Research Products, , and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (a) your participation in the Campaign and/or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (d) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; and (e) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Dane County, Wisconsin having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, any punitive, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Campaign). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Rules/Winners List: To obtain a copy of these Rules or the name of the Winner, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: AprilAire, 1015 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, Attn: Jessie Rodgers.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is AprilAire. This Campaign is hosted by AprilAire, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.