A Winning Culture
We foster values that build and maintain a strong, vibrant workplace; one promoting an environment of top-notch quality and service. Our values focus on knowing our customer, innovation, achievement, passion, fun, and being good neighbors.
Know Our Customers (And Our Customers' Customers)
- We seek to know and understand all our Customers – what they need, what they value, what concerns them, how they define success
- We understand that our Customers freely choose us and work to justify their choice
- We listen and respond to their needs, then strive to meet their expectations
- We have a heritage of innovation which has changed the face of health and comfort in homes and buildings – we value behaviors which support that heritage
- We anticipate new enablers and move quickly to embrace them at the right moment
- We are not afraid to take informed and responsible risks
- We believe that good things come from success and strive to be successful in all that we do
- We understand that the world advances and strive to continuously improve who we are, what we do and how we do it
- We celebrate achievements and learn from our mistakes
- We love our work and we want to be the best at it
- We aspire to excellence through rigor, completeness and a bias to action
- We strive to maintain a sense of urgency in all things that matter and do not take shortcuts on quality
- We work hard, we play hard and we do not take ourselves too seriously
- We believe that fun is fundamental to a great work environment and sustaining growth
- We look for ways to have fun and applaud those who create opportunities for fun
Being Good Neighbors
- We make a difference to each other and the communities in which we operate
- We act with integrity and fairness in all our dealings with each other and others who are affected by us
- We always remain personally accountable for results, whether we act in concert or alone
A Respectful and Ethical Workplace
The success of the business is dependent upon the trust and confidence earned from employees, customers and shareholders. Credibility is earned by adhering to one's commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching Company goals solely through honorable conduct. It is easy to say what must be done, but the proof is in what is done. Ultimately, judgment will be based on actions.
An ethical workplace at Aprilaire is about doing the right thing
At Aprilaire, all employees should feel comfortable speaking their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. Managers have a responsibility to create an open and supportive environment where employees feel comfortable raising such questions. Everyone benefits tremendously when employees exercise their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right times.
Employees deserve to work in a dignified and respectful environment. Aprilaire is committed to creating an environment where diversity – in people, ideas, and communication style – is welcomed and appreciated.
At Aprilaire we pride ourselves on a long tradition of commitment to the community. We are sensitive to the needs of others locally and around the world. We recognize the important work of non-profit charitable organizations by providing ongoing volunteer and financial support to them whenever possible. Each year funds are donated to social service, charitable or environmental not-for-profit organizations.
At Aprilaire it's our responsibility to be good corporate citizens who help enrich surrounding communities. We take pride in having employees who get involved in their communities, choose personally to give money, and volunteer support to programs positively impacting the quality of life of others.
Aprilaire is dedicated to environmental initiatives fostering a sustainable future and leading to social and economic improvements in the communities where business is conducted. Employees are urged to be environmentally friendly at work by doing things like recycling, making double-sided photocopies, using energy-efficient light bulbs for desk lamps, and powering down computers inactive for extended periods of times.
Being eco-friendly is a commitment to an ongoing process. We strive for continuous improvement to minimize adverse effects on the environment and the earth’s natural resources, while safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and the public.
Our employees feel proud of Aprilaire products because they make lives better by improving indoor air quality. Aprilaire humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ventilation, air filtration, home automation systems and heating and cooling controls provide healthy and sustainable air while improving energy efficiency which helps qualify homes for the Green-Built Certification Program from the National Association of Home Builders.
Promotion from Within and Employee Tenure
At Aprilaire we're passionate about our life’s work. We don't just develop and manufacture indoor air quality products, we provide rewarding careers for our employees. With an average tenure of 14 years and numerous examples of growth from within, our employees enjoy an environment where their dreams are supported and their successes celebrated.
Find out more about us: