Enjoy Fresh Air Without Raising Heating and Cooling Costs
The Aprilaire Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) exchanges stale, polluted indoor air with fresh, clean outdoor air throughout your entire home without wasting energy. It is installed as part of your central heating and cooling system, or as an independent system, by a local HVAC professional.
The heart of the ERV is the EnergyMax® Transfer Core, which uses enthalpic technology based on the second law of thermodynamics to enable the transfer of heat as well as moisture into and out of your home. This means:
- In the summer, the ERV uses the stale, conditioned indoor air you’re expelling to cool the incoming hot air.
- In the winter, the ERV uses the stale, heated indoor air you’re expelling to preheat the incoming cold air.
Learn more about the science behind the Aprilaire Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV).
Additional Features & Benefits
- Reduces excess indoor humidity levels for greater comfort at a lower cost.
- Reduces odors and unhealthy indoor air pollutants such as formaldehyde, radon, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), carbon dioxide, smoke, dust, bacteria, viruses and more.
- Aprilaire Model 8100 Energy Recovery Ventilator Systems manufactured in February 2012 or later may be controlled with the model 8910 Aprilaire Home Comfort Control, Model 8620 Thermostat or by the Model 8120 Aprilaire Ventilation Control, allowing ventilation to occur on a schedule.
- Designed with very few components to deliver improved performance and reliability.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
Breathe the Air Your Family Deserves
With the Aprilaire Model 8100 Energy Recovery Ventilator System (ERV), you don’t just treat poor indoor air quality—you remove the problem altogether. Find a dealer near you to discuss your family’s specific needs today, or get replacement parts for your Model 8100 here.