Global Sourcing Agent
Aprilaire®, a division of Research Products Corporation has been a leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of indoor air quality products for over 74 years. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Global Sourcing Agent at our Madison, Wisconsin headquarters. If you are a creative self-starter who is looking for a challenging opportunity and a rewarding career, join our winning team.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies for resulting in the use of highest value suppliers with the lowest total cost of ownership. This includes market analysis, selection of sourcing strategy (including low-cost country sources) and negotiating/managing supplier contracts.
- Oversee sourcing role for department in electronics, electrical components, refrigeration products and other industries as assigned.
- Receive supplier representatives to evaluate their products and services. Initiate supplier qualification including investigating suppliers’ capability to furnish materials, finished parts or service for the purpose of establishing adequate and reliable sources of supply. Prepare and solicit bid proposals.
- Manage supplier relationships to improve the flow of quality materials. Travel to suppliers, including foreign sources, to understand their business and become familiar with appropriate decision makers. Obtain corrective actions from suppliers as needed.
- Work closely with suppliers, engineering product managers, and plant management to find and approve cost saving and quality enhancing changes to part designs.
- Maintain working knowledge of business trends including commodity specific issues, cost drivers, global pricing, supply chain best practices, market conditions and economic indicators. Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary.
- Align sourcing strategies with key corporate objectives such as quality improvement, lead time reduction, cost management and reduction, inventory reduction and supply chain risk management and mitigation.
- Work closely with cross-functional new product development teams from initial concept to production to ensure components and products are properly sourced to provide the highest value to the organization. Take a lead role in providing guidance to product development teams on global sourcing issues and solutions within associated manufacturing supply chains.
- Work closely with engineering and suppliers to understand and minimize impact on electronic products due to component end of life. Find secondary or alternative electronic components as needed. Act as the liaison between engineering and stakeholders involved in component selection and qualification.
- Promote and support company procurement policies, procedures, and practices.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronics supply chain including product design, manufacturing, procurement and material management processes used by contract manufacturers to promote efficient communication of supply issues between key stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of supply chain for electrical devices/components and refrigeration components including sourcing constraints and risks, manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- The ability to use cost models, industry tools and industry intelligence to improve supply performance.
- Ability to transition between suppliers with minimal impact on manufacturing schedules.
- Experience in an environment with both high and low volume products.
- The ability to solve complex supply chain problems and be a champion of change to address shifting demands.
- Global view of supply chain activity gained through international travel and exposure.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and lean/continuous improvement processes.
- Strong analytical skills to determine key information, identify alternate approaches and present logical recommendations.
- Highly skilled communicator (both written and verbal).
- Minimum of eight years of purchasing/sourcing experience with at least four years of demonstrated experience in global sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-40% (domestic and international)
- Knowledge/fluency in Mandarin a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including 401(k), profit sharing, flexible reimbursement plan, health/dental/vision/life insurance, a comprehensive wellness plan, vacation, training and career development, and more.
Send resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com. Please state position title in subject line. Online applications only, please.
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Products Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.
Aprilaire complies with both the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave (WFMLA).