Make your home "a healthy breath of fresh air" every day of the year.
These Aprilaire Products Can Help:
According to the EPA, concentrations of toxic pollutants can be up to one hundred times greater inside a home than outside, even in our smoggiest cities. Poor ventilation in the home can lead to stuffy air and a build-up of unpleasant odors, irritating pollutants and potentially harmful gasses such as radon or carbon monoxide. As homes are built tighter with better windows, more insulation and higher-efficiency heating and cooling systems, the need for adequate ventilation becomes even more important
What You Can Do to Treat the Symptoms
- Odors - emitted from litter boxes, trash cans, dirty hampers, cooking, smoking, paints and solvents.
- Gases and vapors - emitted from new carpeting, building materials, cleaning supplies, candles, pesticides, personal care products, glues and adhesives.
- Stale and stuffy air - a result of today's energy efficient "tight" building techniques.
Build Green, Live Green
- Store volatile chemicals and cleaning products outside the home.
- Keep litter boxes away from heating and cooling system vents.
- Change your furnace filter according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Have your fireplace and/or wood stove periodically cleaned and inspected.
- Clean dryer vents on a regular basis.
- Open windows and doors, as weather permits, to replace indoor air with fresher, outdoor air.
- Before new carpeting is installed, ask your retailer to unroll and air out the carpet in a well-ventilated area. Open windows while carpet is being installed.
- Utilize exhaust fans in bathrooms and ventilation hoods above stove tops.
- Ventilate crawl spaces, attics, hobby and work spaces.